Welcome to the latest edition of Promoting Excellence, the ELGH news and current debate e-bulletin - access previous editions by clicking on the issue number above.
This edition features:
Bookings are now being taken for the following ELGH workshops:
- Scrutiny: making an impact - 18 June 2013 at Lambeth Town Hall (click here for details)
- Delivering Public Health in a Democratic Environment - 28 June 2013 at Lambeth Town Hall (click here for details)
ELGH consultant Carole Grimwood suggests HR and OD experts may have something to offer to the wider community.
Can Clinicial Commissioning Groups benefit from Local Authority Governance?
ELGH director David Moses considers the lessons CCGs can learn from Local Authority Governance Arrangements.
Click here to view the article.
gov.uk – design icon or style over substance?
ELGH director Catherine Davis considers its useful for local authority and other organisational users compared to the previous standalone departmental websites?
Click here to view the article
Police and Crime Panels conference, 18th July 2013, Gloucester
This national conference organised by Frontline Consulting Associates provides an opportunity for members of PCPs and their officers to reflect on:
- how PCPs have undertaken these tasks and addressed the challenges of the new role
- what they have learned during the process, and also
- how they are preparing for their future challenges, and identifying how they might be tackled.
For more information visit http://www.frontlineconsulting.co.uk/courses/
We would like to hear from you
We welcome your thoughts and comments on the issues raised here and the current challenges you are facing. Please get in touch with us, and the wider professional community, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can share your ideas by joining the ELGH discussion group on LinkedIn. Click here to visit our LinkedIn pages.